Re: [ ATTN: xinetd mantainer ] Default xinetd init conf correction

On 11/26/2010 12:33 PM, Keshav prasad wrote:
>> For now, just edit /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd manually.
>>

> can you tell me which line to edit and to what.
>
> Because as per my umderstanding I need to change
>
> . /etc/init.d/functions  to    . /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions
>
> But the no function file is present at that location either.

to use the sysvinit-style startup scripts (like
/etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd), you need to install the 'initscripts;
pacakage.  You may ALSO need to install the sysvinit package, and
install the 'init' service it provides by running the init-config script
as Adminstrator.

These packages are not explicitly listed as requirements and installed
automatically, because they really aren't necessary for the Cygwin
xinetd.  You can install, control, and use xinetd all by itself, without
ever using the /etc/rc.d/init.d/xinetd script, simply by installing
xinetd itself as a standalone service (rather than relying on init to do
it for you).  Then, you use
  cygrunsrv -S xinetd
to start it, and
  cygrunsrv -E xinetd