Re: Segmentation Fault in OpenGL - glutMainLoop

Nathan Rose wrote:

> Hi AndrÃ,

Hi Nathan,

> Thanks for your response. The native GLUT programs compiled and ran
> fine. I've uninstalled the opengl
> package but I'm still getting the segmentation fault.
>
> Running the program in the Cygwin Bash Shell (ie, not Cygwin/X) gives
> the error message
>        freeglut (./test): failed to open display ''
>  - would it be right to assume that that means it is looking for the X
> server?

Yes, freeglut on Cygwin is build to interact with an X server. You need to
install it and start it before running your application.

X-related issues are discussed in their own mailing list: cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com .

> Thanks,
>
> Nathan

André Bleau, Cygwin's OpenGL package maintainer
Please send any questiopn or comment about the OpenGL package to cygwin at cygwin dot com,
not directly to me.