RE: skipping file `...', as it was replaced while being copied

From: Corinna Vinschen
> See the User's Guide here:
> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table
>
> Try to mount the Q: drive with the "ihash' option, for instance:
>
>   $ cat >> /etc/fstab.c/knellis << EOF
>   Q: /qnx stone_age_old_samba binary,ihash 0 0
>   EOF
>   $ mount -a
>
> That should help.  I'm not really keen to add more hardcoded support
> for such old filesystems.

Yeah, thanx for that, however I get the same result after correcting
"fstab.c" to "fstab.d". I now have:

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$ mount | grep ^Q
Q: on /qnx type smbfs (binary,ihash,user)

knellis@COBQDPPJ1 ~
$

Interestingly enough, compare what works and what doesn't:

FAILS: cp /cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz xyz
WORKS: cat /cygdrive/q/knellis/xyz > xyz

Also, I wouldn't ask you to modify Cygwin to support this ancient
protocol, but I'm still wondering what I have to downgrade to
get what worked some number of weeks ago. I've downgraded
coreutils to 8.5-2 and cygwin to 1.7.6, but neither helped.
Curious about what else could have caused this change in
behavior. Would welcome advice on what else I can try.

--Ken Nellis