Re: Looking for pointers to extended installation help

On 2/2/2011 9:10 AM, Larry W. Virden wrote:
A few years ago, I attempted to install cygwin on Windows XP and found that
despite following the standard instructions, I was unsuccessful in getting
cron to run, had some problems with gcc, etc.

Are there additional cygwin tutorials, guides, helps, books  that might
provide more in-depth help for someone not particularly knowledgable in
administering a unix setup?  Maybe something oriented towards someone with
more Windows experience?

Thank you for any pointers you might be able to provide.

There's the section in the FAQ for common setup questions/issues:

<http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.setup>

There's also a like section in the Users Guide that describes the different
installation options:

<http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setup-net.html#internet-setup>

The Cygwin-X documentation pages have a step-by-step guide to the install:

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/ug/setup.html#setup-cygwin-x-installing>

--
Larry