Re: 1.7.7: PATH in Bash shells

On 02/07/2011 12:19 PM, marco atzeri wrote:

> those scripts are called inside /etc/profile and the execute
> permission is not needed

Thanks Marco.  I had figured that out eventually as well.  They are just
'sourced'.

The issue seems to come from the fact that my installation is getting
"Bad address" on certain file accesses.

And in the this thread it appears to be related to running on 64 bit
hardware even when using 32 bit mode:

And as I said we are running Windows 2003 DATACENTER R2 WOW64 as shown
in the cygcheck output I attached to a previous posting.

So it appears that if this "Bad address" problem was fixed that
apparently there are still some places where it occurs and I'd like to
find out from the Cygwin developers what we can do to work around the
issue or if they could fix the problem.

Regards,
Gerry