Re: Problems with Cygwin-1.7.8 (or snapshot) and TeXLive 2010

Ken Brown wrote:
I think fmtutil creates the files in a temporary directory (using TMPDIR, TEMP, or TMP if they exist) and then mv's them. Could this be your problem? What happens if you unset those variables before installing texlive?

It is some time that my Cygwin installation does not set those variables any more, and indeed they are all EMPTY.. Perhaps is the TL installation process that sets them, at least temporary. And if so, why that does not occur with 1.7.7? Why not with other files under TL installed tree?

Ciao,
Angelo.