Re: cygwin 1.7.8-1 setup produces INVALID PACKAGE entries in setup.log.full

On 4/1/2011 12:52 PM, Ken wrote:

Hello again,

I just tried the latest 1.7.9-1 setup.exe (although it appears to be the same
 version used for 1.7.8-1) and get the same results for a clean (new empty
folder) download-only operation.

Is it safe to ignore these errors in the setup log?

These look to me like they could be indicating a download issue. Unfortunately, the message doesn't provide allot of insight into the particular package 'setup.exe' thinks is incomplete/invalid. I'd recommend removing your download directory and trying again. If the problem persists, try multiple mirrors 1 at a time, removing the download directory with each attempt. If it still occurs, you may need to investigate if you have a proxy that's cached some bad data. You should be able to rule that in or out by removing the download directory again and picking a mirror that you've never tried before.

--
Larry