Re: Additional Infos: Strange error during /etc/profile

On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 11:02:57AM +0200, DEWI - N. Zacharias wrote:
> > After updating cygwin to the newest version after 3 Month I get a strange
> > error if I start the Xwindow with bash as usual
> >
> > /bin/find: `standard output': Bad file descriptor
> > /bin/find: Schreibfehler.
> >
> > I can trace that to the attempt of /etc/profile to read /etc/profile.d
> >
> > # Run all of the profile.d scripts
> > # Note that these are supplied by separate packages
> > # Ascending alphanumerical order enforced
> >
> > if [ -d "/etc/profile.d" ]; then
> >         while read f; do
> >                 if [ -f "${f}" ]; then
> >                         . "${f}"
> >                 fi
> >         done <<- EOF
> >         `/bin/find -L /etc/profile.d -type f -iname '*.sh' -or -iname '*.zsh' |
> > LC_ALL=C sort`
> >         EOF
> > fi
> >
> the error only shows up if I start from a network drive.(Netware)
> If I modify /etc/profile like
>
> MYPWD=$(pwd);
> cd /cygdrive/c
> [.... do stuff...]
> cd $MYPWD
>
> everything works fine.

The snippet of code you quoted above belongs to an old version of
base-files.
With your update, a new base-files package should have been installed.
Please check this with:

$ cygcheck -c base-files

It should report version 4.0-6.
The fact that /etc/profile wasn't automatically updated shows that you
manually modified it.
Please check if the new version (find it at /etc/defaults/etc/profile)
solves the problem for you. If it does, you can add your
customizations to it afterwards.
Ensure you backup your files before and please report back if you
succeeded.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB