Re: newlib and long-double question

On Sat, Apr 09, 2011 at 08:20:13AM -0700, Necro Cow wrote:
>Hello.
>
>I have recently discovered that the cygwin version I am using (1.7.7)
>doesn't support many long-double function, like sqrtl, modfl, frexpl,
>etc.
>
>I have been reading on newlib's website, sourceware.org/newlib, that
>as of version 1.18.0, such long-double functions are now supported.
>(http://sourceware.org/ml/newlib/2009/msg01135.html)
>
>What I can't seem to find out is, what version of newlib is in the
>newest release of cygwin, and if it has this better support for
>long-double functions.

Cygwin uses whatever is in the newlib tree as of its release date.  That
means that since Cygwin 1.7.7-1 was released in August 2010* it would
incorporate any newlib changes from 2009.  That doesn't mean that we would
export every single thing that newlib provides, however.  If functionality
is missing that means that no one has taken the time to get it working in
the Cygwin DLL.

cgf

*http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-announce/2010-08/msg00035.html