Re: 1.5.19: Install problem: cannot find cygz.dll

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 03:55:46AM -0700, LouisMoreno wrote:

>Joe Outzen wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to install Cygwin (full install).  I downloaded the
>> installer from cygwin.com, and downloaded and installed.  The
>> installation runs smoothly until 99% of the way through, when I start
>> getting the following error:
>>
>>    xmlcatalog.exe - Unable to Locate Component
>>    This application has failed to start because cygz.dll was not
>> found.  Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
>>
>> Reinstalling Cygwin does not help.
>>

>http://dont-use-this/...
>
>Just visit the link given above & click "Fix dll errors now" button.
>This will fix the issue without any botheration.

I would NOT recommend using this.  I have no idea what it does and it
is certainly not an official, endorsed way to fix the problem.

If you're missing a file, then just INSTALL IT.  You can find the name
of a package which contains the file by going to the cygwin web site and
casting your eyes to the left bar.  Look for something obvious like
"Search Packages".