Re: CMD.EXE able to create files in directories on a shared drive, but bash in cygwin is unable to

On 5/12/2011 11:47 AM, Keith Christian wrote:
This permissions problem has existed for awhile, and I'd like to find
a solution.

CMD.EXE is able to create files inside directories on a standard
Windows share, but from a Bash shell on Cygwin, a permission denied
message occurs, and this is in most if not all directories:

-bash: .cpan/build/foo2: Permission denied

cygcheck output might be helpful. Also, what kind of device is the share? Running '/usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo' on the drive (POSIX) path might be illuminating.

-- Larry