mintty fonts (was: Re: setup and mintty)

On 26 May 2011 02:42, Charles Wilson wrote:
> http://cygutils.fruitbat.org/mintty-font-test/
>
> Ok, I redid the screenshots, but this time I made sure to cat the
> xgraphics file again after changig the font.

Thanks very much for putting in all that effort, and congratulations
to test winner DejaVu Sans Mono. :)

> ÂAnd, you can see the G0/G1
> VT100 line drawing modes, for the less-complete fonts, are getting the
> ASCII fallbacks. ÂExcept for Terminus, for some reason.

I guess it maps codepoints it doesn't support to an empty glyph
instead of leaving them undefined, thereby preventing substitution.
Dishonourable mentions also for Envy Code R, Inconsolata, and
Liberation Mono for having empty default glyphs instead of the usual
box that at least shows that something is amiss.

Andy