Re: Problem with 20110616 snapshot, ssh-agent, and mintty

On Jun 21 16:49, David Rothenberger wrote:
> I'm having a problem with recent snapshots, including the 20110616
> snapshot. I normally start ssh-agent using keychain as part of my
> bash startup. The problem I have is that once the bash process that
> starts the ssh-agent process exits, subsequent starts of mintty
> fail.
>
> Here's an example:

> C:\Users\drothe>uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW64 tela64 1.7.10s(0.248/5/3) 20110616 23:01:21 i686 Cygwin
>
> C:\Users\drothe>bash --norc
> bash-4.1$ mintty bash --norc -c 'ssh-agent'

I don't understand the sense in this one.  Shouldn't that be

  eval `ssh-agent`

so you set the environment variables for the subsequent processes?

> bash-4.1$ mintty bash --norc
>
> That last start of mintty fails with the message "Failed to fork
> child process: No such file or directory."

Right.  In the last call, when mintty opens a pty, Cygwin tries to
create tty0 because, apparently, it thinks tty0 is not in use.  This
fails with a "pipe busy".  For some reason ssh-agent still holds handles
to the pipes which constitute tty0 created by the mintty from which
it has been started but Cygwin forgot about it.

I applied a patch which seems to do the trick.

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat