Re: cygwin permissions problem on a network drive

On Jul  5 10:59, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul  5 12:21, Bill Metzenthen wrote:
> > What should I ask the system administrator to change so that cygwin
> > will once again work on this drive? Perhaps there is some new setting
> > (or an old one which has somehow changed) for cygwin that I have
> > failed to notice?
>
> If you want to discuss this with your admin, the problem is this:  When
> Cygwin 1.7.9 tries to create a file on a filesystem which supports ACLs,
> it requests WRITE_DAC permissions in the open call.  WRITE_DAC is the
> access right you need to create the permission bits in the file's ACL,
> what you see in Explorer under the Security tab.
>
> Now, in some environments, the settings of the shares are so, that this
> right is apparently not granted, even for the creator of the file.
> But, as far as earlier reports go, there seem to be no indication of
> this in the ACL.  As I mentioned above, I experimented with this
> myself, but I have never managed to reproduce this setting on the server.
> So I neither know how this setting looks like, nor if there's a way
> to recognize such a share.

Btw, if you're going to discuss this with your admin, and if you figure
out what server setting is the culprit, I would be glad if you could
share the information with us.  It might be a great help in developing
Cygwin further.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat