Re: [Lars Bjørndal ] Re: brltty problems with recent snapshots

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:16:09PM +0200, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 14 10:19, Lars Bjørndal wrote:
[...]

> > There is also some issues when navigating in an emacs buffer with
> > cursoring keys. A beep is produced every time the cursor moves over a
> > line break. Try also to type a tab character and then use left arrow.
> > You'll then hear a beep. Also spaces generates beeps if you navigate
> > between them, but I'm not sure if that happens all the time.
>
> I can't reproduce this.  Is your TERM variable set to something
> other than "cygwin"?

Sorry. It turned out that this beeps came from a GUI screen reader,
Window-Eyes running, with speech and braill deactivated while in cmd.

One problem is left, which I'm not sure if it's a BRLTTY or cygwin
problem:

BRLTTY has a cut & paste facility. It sometimes doesn't paste all
characters inside cygwin. Pasting an att sign into a shell prompt, the
terminal beeps, and no character is written. Doing the same thing
after exiting bash, but still with BRLTTY running and in a cmd
session, the att sign is printed.

I'm not sure if you can cut & paste with BRLTTY without a braille
display. Let's ask Samuel.

Thanks and regards,
Lars