locale

Re: /cygwin-patches/ Add locale.exe option for querying Windows UI languages
Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote in
h t t p : old nabble com  Add-locale.exe-option-for-querying-Windows-UI-languages-to32614984.html

Therefore, afaics, it would be better if we change locale to use the
GetFooDefaultUILanguage functions by default, and we add a modifier
(-r/--region?) to switch to LOCALE_FOO_DEFAULT.

Please, could locale follow what is standard and/or usual, that is " write information about the current locale environment "
how a cygwin-native a program sees it. Cygwin-native =
ported-from-unix.

"       When invoked without arguments, locale summarizes the current
locale environment for each locale category defined  by the LC_*
environment variables.
" (man locale  on  Linux)

I use ENVIR=value locale (on Unixes) to find out what locale setting will recieve-and-use any Program if I call it with ENVIR=value Program

That is, I expect  locale.exe (without options) to show how standard
libraries interpret current LOCALE(7) setting, that is what setting is
obtained from current settings in environment and files.

For example

$ uname
Linux

$ locale