Another call for filesystem testing

Hi guys,

I have a well-known problem.  I just don't have all filesystems
available for testing.  What I need are testers for a certain, very
simple functionality on any filesystem you can get hold of.

I tested it locally on NTFS and FAT, as well as CDFS, as well as on 3.x
Samba and via NFS.  I tested from W2K, W2K3 and W7.  I would be very
interested to learn if this functionality is supported by other
filesystems as well.

Testing is simple.  Attached you'll find the source code of a very
simple testcase which calls certain native NT functions.  For ease of
use, the application allows to enter a Cygwin POSIX path and converts
that to native NT notation by itself.

You have access to AFS, MVFS, NWFS, NcFsd, Netapp, UDF, UNIXFS, SUNWNFS,
any CIFS or old Samba versions?  Please test!  Also, if you try it on
local or remote NTFS or FAT filesystems and it fails, I'd like to see
the results.

For testing, run the application twice per filesystem, one time for a
directory, one time for a file.  Also, please report your OS version per
the output of `uname -s'.  It's possible that different OSes show
different results.

So, here's how you do it.  Build it like this:

  $ gcc -o test-qfif test-qfif.c -lntdll

Then test for existing local dir and file:

  $ uname -s
  CYGWIN_NT-x.x
  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo //server/share
  Device Type        : 7
  Characteristics    : 20
  [...etc...]
  $ ./test-qfif /cygdrive/d/dir /cygdrive/d/dir/file
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir) by name works
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir) by handle works
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir\file) by name works
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir\file) by handle works

Or for a share (with example for a failure):

  $ uname -s
  CYGWIN_NT-x.x
  $ /usr/lib/csih/getVolInfo //server/share
  [...]
  $ ./test-qfif //server/share //server/share/file
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir) by name works
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir) by handle fails, status code 0xc000000d
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir\file) by name works
  NtQueryFullAttributesFile(\??\D:\dir\file) by handle works

Thanks for your help,
Corinna

Red Hat