Re: OpenSSH ssh-agent regression in 5.9p1-1: "Could not open a connection to your authentication agent" error

28.01.2012 22:00, Philip Lowman:
> There appears to be a regression in the most recent OpenSSH cygwin
> package (5.9p1-1, built 1/18/2012) related to the ssh-agent program.

I see that too.

> The ssh-add program is unable to add SSH keys because the ssh-agent
> program doesn't appear to be creating its socket file properly in
> /tmp.

AFAIKT the socket file is created - but the ssh-agent process dies
shortly after being started.

> 1. Install OpenSSH 5.9p1-1 in Cygwin (or upgrade to it)
> 2. Run the ssh-agent program spawning a bash shell
>   $ ssh-agent bash

This seems to happen only if ssh-agent is told to spawn another process.
Running ssh-agent without arguments works fine for me.

> Platform: Windows 7 64-bit

XP 32-bit here.

> Workarounds: Downgrade to OpenSSH_5.8p1 using Cygwin's setup.exe.

Yep.

--
Regards
  mks