Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 fork - address space needed by ... already in use

Corinna Vinschen writes:

> What happens in this testcase is that Cygwin checks the full DLL path
> and then finds that the new path to cyggcc_s-1.dll is not the same as
> the path it has already loaded.  Therefore it assumes that it has to add
> the file to list.
>
> This is plainly wrong, because, as you can read on
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586%28v=vs.85%29.aspx the
> Windows loader does not load a DLL again, if it already has a module
> loaded which has the same basename.  Therefore the test for the full
> pathname in Cygwin has to to be replaced with only testing the module
> basename.
>
> However, while this situation in the doit2 testcase is simply explained,
> I don't see how this affects your rsync call.
>
> Denis, can you please change your test output?  Instead of printing only
> d_alt->modname, please print d_alt->name and then run your rsync test
> again.  If this is the same problem as in the doit testcase, I'd like to
> see where the second cygiconv-2.dll is coming from.  In theory, if you
> have only a single installation of cygiconv-2.dll, this should'nt
> happen.

Hello,

just one more question concerning the problem of loading dlls twice.
We installed cygwin into c:\Programme\cygwin
1) c:\programme is a symbolic link (like junction of sysinternal tools)
to "c:\Program Files" via MKLINK /J
and
2) c:\Programme is a WINDOWS7 language German localized link/substition/ or
whatever to "c:\Program Files" too.

Can this be a problem for cygwin too - concerning the problem of this thread?

best regards

Heiko