Re: Change to passwd in cygwin-1.7.10-1 breaks ssh-host-config

On 2/22/2012 11:44 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
On 02/22/2012 05:46 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

<snip>

Yup, that's essentially the heart of it.
So I said "Maybe it's this or maybe it's that" and you responded with
essentially "yes". Thanks.

If you need to hear something emphatic as well, then let me say there is no way to get a particular configuration back using just "setup.exe". The old "Prev" button, which the documentation still refers to but you won't find unless you have an old "setup.exe", was a kinda-sorta attempt at this but in the end, not really. If you want/need to install specific versions of specific packages, the best way to control this is with your own mirror or local package directory. I expect you have some idea of how that would work, given your familiarity with Cygwin. Of course, in your case, this is likely not useful information to you in your current predicament, since you probably don't have all the previous versions of the packages you'd like to install. But it's something to consider for the future and in a more general sense if this is something you need to control.

<snip>

Sure. And then things changed.
Actually, you normally only run ssh-host-config once so while things might
have changed normally I would not see nor care about them. It's because I'm
trying to set up a base environment for my client that I've stumbled into
this issue.

I understand, though the changes that you've noticed happened pretty recently.

<snip>

Actually I believe I am capable of changing a "-v" -> "-V". I've been known
to successfully accomplish such difficult feats before! Even with backups! ;-)

In that case, enjoy. ;-)

--
Larry