Re: Cygwin errors after altering Windows command prompt shortcut (???)

Andrey --

>> Background:? Ok, this is really weird...
>
> It's even weirder, than you'd think.
> Hint: reg:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Console

Oooooh, that.  I could *not* remember "console".  I was thinking
"terminal" or "you know, whatever it is that Windows runs its command
prompt in" or "the thing that has the text color properties and the
quick edit mode".

(Off topic:  Huh.  So maybe git or msysgit was monkeying around with
the color table...maybe using a non-standard color?)

> Close all console windows, cleanup the color assignments, relogin your
> windows session.

I rebooted.  Aaaand (drumroll) Cygwin setup ran to completion and
fixed the shortcut.

Yay!  Thanks, Andrey!!

Just curious...I wonder what was giving bash fits...

-- Pat