Re: cygport suggestion: src_postinstall

On 3/9/2012 5:58 PM, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
On 2012-03-09 15:26, Ken Brown wrote:
My immediate reason for this request is that I'm thinking about ITP-ing
emacs-auctex

This too is in Ports:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/emacs-auctex

Yes, I know. That was my starting point.

and I don't like some of the things that are done in __src_postinst when
> I build that package.

Could you specify?

There are two things:

1. I don't think __prepemacs should be called for this package because the compile process explicitly byte compiles most of the *.el files. There are three (at the top level of /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp) that it does not byte compile. I don't know the reason, but I don't think the Cygwin build should override this upstream decision.

2. I would prefer that __prep_texlive not be called, since it causes the postinstall script to do unnecessary work. All that's needed for auctex is mktexlsr.

I'm attaching my .cygport and .cygwin.patch files so you can see how I dealt with this (after changing src_postinst.cygpart so that I could redefine __src_postinst).

Ken