Re: login-1.10-10 : throwing error in eventviewer

On Mar 13 13:37, Vinay Kumar wrote:
> Hello Cygwin Team,
>
> We are having two user in Windows 2003 environment : Administrator and
> tioadmin. Cygwin is installed using  user Administrator. When we are
> trying to execute command "login -p tioadmin" from cygwin bash shell,

You can't do that due to Windows security restrictions.  The login
command is supposed to be run indirectly via a service running under a
privileged account.  If you want to switch the user account
interactively, consider to install sshd as service and then call `ssh -l
tioadmin localhost'.  As for setting up a sshd service, see the FAQ:

  http://cygwin.com/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.sshd-in-domain

Corinna

Red Hat