Re: cygport/setup questions

On 2012-03-14 14:33, Achim Gratz wrote:
You've lost me here, where does that PATCH_URI you are talking about
belong?  The packages I've looked at had at most two patch files (for
the source and for cygwin specific additions) that are seemingly used
automagically.

PATCH_URI is a list of one or more patches which are applied to the source immediately after unpacking. Like SRC_URI, you can specify remote URIs (e.g. from other distros) or just a filename to indicate a patch saved alongside the .cygport file. Using PATCH_URI with local patches makes it easier to carry patches forward from one release to another.

Not that I looked at a lot of packages...

Ports git <http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/> provides a wide variety of packages to learn from.

Yaakov