Re: Escaping spaces in filenames with umlauts after updating from 1.7.9 to 1.7.10

On Mar 29 14:36, Bastian Mathes wrote:
> Hello,
>
> after updating from 1.7.9 to 1.7.10 I experience a changed behavior when
> quoting filenames with umlauts. For example if I have a file ÃÃÃ.pdf in
> the current folder with cygwin 1.7.9
> ls "ÃÃu.pdf"
> worked, but with cygwin 1.7.10 that gives
> ls: cannot access "ÃÃÃ.pdf": No such file or directory

That's a bug introduced almost 10 months ago and nobody noticed it.
There are not so many people using Cygwin from cmd, I guess.  I admit
I don't
understand that either, given how unbearable cmd is.

Anyway, that should be fixed now in CVS.  Please try the *next*
developer's snapshot from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

Thanks for the report,
Corinna

Red Hat