Re: Performance problems with emacs-X11 in current cygwin (attn: glib and gvim maintainer)

On 6/1/2012 7:00 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
I found an XP system that hadn't been upgraded in a few weeks, and I
upgraded libglib2.0_0 but nothing else. This was enough to trigger the
problem.

I've checked the git repository for glib at

http://git.gnome.org/browse/glib/log/?h=glib-2-32

and there were very few changes between 2.32.2 and 2.32.3. The only one that looks to me like it could have anything to do with our problem is the 2012-05-14 change to GConverterInputStream. The change appears to be a pretty obvious bug fix, but I can imagine a scenario in which fixing the bug would result in the symptoms we're seeing.

I'm not going to speculate further until I can get access to an XP system to do some testing. Or maybe someone who uses XP regularly will beat me to it.

Ken