RE: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

Rolf Campbell wrote:
> Recently, I've noticed cygwin svn getting a LOT of errors during
> operations.  I think this started when upgrading from 1.7.14 to 1.7.15,
> but I can't say for sure.  The nature of these errors are as follows:
>
> $ svn up
> Updating '.':
> svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s6'
> svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file
> svn: E200030: sqlite: unable to open database file
>

> $ svn cleanup
> svn: E200030: disk I/O error, executing statement 'RELEASE   s79'
>

> <snip>

I've had the same problem, and have found a solution: this appears for me to be an interaction with TortoiseSVN, which I have on my machine and which is entirely unaware of Cygwin.

Disabling TortoiseSVN's icon cache has completely resolved the issue for me. You can do this by running TortoiseSVN's Settings program, going to "Icon Overlays", and selecting "None" under "Status cache", then hitting Apply.

That may explain why Rolf's been hitting this despite apparently having no AV installed.

Adam