mail server

I'd like to set up a little mail server on my windows machine using cygwin
software and using Thunderbird for reading (this one is not a problem for me)

I like to receive mails using fetchmail (or getmail), eventually  filtering
using procmail and finally "sending" to TB.

Sending mail to the exterior using exim or similar is not necessary (but can be
useful)

I found a lot of guides but many of them are old or not working.

Could someone give me a step by step howto or give me a link?

Thanks and please apologize for my poor english