Re: Why Cygwin tries to pull in winsock2.h when compiling a Linux application?

On 6/30/2012 9:41 AM, Patrick L wrote:
Hi, I am using Cygwin 1.7.11 i686 on Windows 7 PC. I am trying to compile a Linux C++ application on Cygwin.

When I use the ./configure command, Cygwin shows the following error messages:

checking winsock2.h usability... no
checking winsock2.h presence... yes

If this program is looking for winsock2.h than it allows to be compiled on windows. It is not cygwin requesting it, it is the configure itself

configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: winsock2.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to xxx@xxx.xxx ##
configure: WARNING:     ## ------------------------------------------ ##
checking for winsock2.h... yes
checking ws2tcpip.h usability... no
checking ws2tcpip.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: ws2tcpip.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to xxx@xxx.xxx ##
checking for ws2tcpip.h... yes

winsock2.h and ws2tcpip.h are Windows header files for Windows network/socket programming. Why Cygwin tries to pull in Windows header files when I am compiling a Linux C++ application? How can I fix this issue?

Thanks.

Which program ?