Why won't my .sh file work with cygwin?

I am new to Cygwin but I understand it does it's best to simulate a linux
terminal.

I want to make a little program and I have written out the entire code and
saved it as a ".sh" file.

I have paired my Windows computer to open .sh files with Cygwin's mintty.exe
(terminal)

However for some reason, when I run the .sh file it gets to the 6th line and
then just closes abruptly when it is not supposed to.

Once I enter the value for the "read x" command on line 6, it just closes
the terminal.

Here is my code:

echo "Thank you for using Gundament's Password Possibility Generator"
echo "Press enter to Continue..."
read -p
echo "Enter the Number of Characters you want the password possibilities to
be. (Limit 7 Characters)"
echo "Example: 1 - 7 or Enter the letter 'A' in order to display all
possibilities up to 7"
read x
echo "Please wait while your request is processed... (This can take several
minutes)"
one="a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z"
two={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
three={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
four={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
five={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
six={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
seven={a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}{a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y,z}
case $x in
1)
echo $one >> $HOME/OneCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
2)
eval echo $two >> $HOME/TwoCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
3)
eval echo $three >> $HOME/ThreeCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
4)
eval echo $four >> $HOME/FourCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
5)
eval echo $five >> $HOME/FiveCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
6)
eval echo $six >> $HOME/SixCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
7)
eval echo $seven >> $HOME/SevenCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
A)
eval echo $one >> $HOME/OneCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $two >> $HOME/TwoCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $three >> $HOME/ThreeCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $four >> $HOME/FourCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $five >> $HOME/FiveCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $six >> $HOME/SixCharPasswords.txt
eval echo $seven >> $HOME/SevenCharPasswords.txt
echo "DONE!"
echo "You can find your Password file(s) here: $HOME"
;;
esac
echo "Thank you for using Gundament's Password Possibility Generator!!!"
echo "Press Enter to close..."
read -p
exit