Re: NASM package update

On 8/7/2012 1:06 PM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
On Mon, Aug 06, 2012 at 08:48:47PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:

The NASM package in Cygwin is getting a tad long in the tooth. There is NASM 2.08.02 available, but 2.10.03 is current, i.e. NASM has done two major releases in the meantime. The package for Cygwin was created over two years ago.

Newer NASM versions are required to assemble modern software, notably
libav.  Now I'd like to know if anybody is working on updating the
NASM package in Cygwin or is planning to do it in the somewhat near
future.

Who is the maintainer of the NASM package? Yaakov Selkowitz yesterday created a skeleton package of NASM for Cygwin ports:

http://cygwin-ports.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=cygwin-ports/nasm

Is there a chance this might be used to replace the official package
in Cygwin?

best regards, Diego

Tha maintainer is Dean Scarff http://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint

but it is a while that we wrote anything on the cygwin mailing lists