[g++] problem with xdigit for wide ctype facet

The attached program (main.cpp) demonstrates a problem with the
wide-character support in cygwin's implementation of the standard C++
iostreams. The wide std::ctype facet should return true for
ctype::is(std::ctype_base::xdigit, CH) for CH [0-9a-fA-F], but it only
returns true for [0-9]. The narrow ctype facet is fine. (Speculation:
since xdigit is behaving as digit should, I wonder if it isn't a simple
typo in the code somewhere.)

I compiled the example with "g++ main.cpp". Nothing fancy. This is not a
problem with a stock g++ on, e.g. Linux.

I tried searching the archives, but I couldn't find any other reference
to the problem. Likely because few people actually use the ctype facets.

(cygcheck.out (attached) has been redacted)

TIA,

--
Eric Niebler
BoostPro Computing