Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: texlive-collection-basic-20120628-2 (TEST)

Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:
> I would have expected
>
>    updmap-sys --syncwithtrees
>
> (which is in the texlive-collection-basic postinstall script) to get rid
> of those messages.  Maybe those messages were produced earlier in the
> postinstall process.  Please try running `updmap-sys' and see if you
> still get the error messages.  If so, maybe try running `updmap-sys
> --syncwithtrees' and then try updmap-sys again.

Nope.  These messages will be shown on _every_ invocation of updmap.  The reason
for this is exactly what it says: there are no kanji map entries on my system
anywhere, so it cannot activate these maps that are generated via pattern rule.
 This check for existence apparently happens before the map is checked for being
active or not, so deactivating them with "#! " does not help.

>From the logfile:

Scanning for KanjiMap entries

    [  0 files]

The only way to supress these messages I've found is to delete the three lines
in /etc/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg with the @kanjiEmbed@ pattern (I didn't try
commenting with a simple "# ", but that would presumably have the same effect).

Regards,
Achim.