Re: Build script error (libiconv + custom prefix)

On 8/28/2012 11:23 AM, Tasos Laskos wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the replies guys.

The purpose of the build.sh script is to setup a full env under the
"arachni" dir which will include all system libs and other dependencies.

It also creates wrappers for the application's executables which setup env
variables like PATH and LD_LIBRARY_PATH before running them.

The point of all this is that you'll be able to package up that dir and
transfer it between boxes without worrying about dependencies.

It's meant to create a self-contained package, so I don't want to rely on
what's already on the system.

I've attached the libiconv logfile and the cygcheck output.

OK, that explains the difference you and I are seeing. In your configure output, you get:

checking for iconv... (cached) no, consider installing GNU libiconv

I don't see this because I have iconv installed. Maybe someone on this list more familiar with iconv could explain this dependency and why it makes sense. However, I'd suggest taking this to the iconv experts to get the full explanation of their configure script.

PS. Please skip any lectures you might be inclined to give,...

Without the lecture, what fun is this question for the rest of us? ;-)

-- Larry