Re: Where can I find the official cygwin openssh documentation?

On Mon, Dec 03, 2012 at 10:23:14AM -0500, Mike Richardson wrote:
>Christopher, thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction
>for the official documentation -- it was very helpful.
>
>I see why these step-by-step openssh+cygwin guides appearing on the
>Internet are annoying to you and other cygwin experts -- not only
>should they be unnecessary, but they also contain false and misleading
>information. When they fail, people then come and post on this mailing
>list annoying the experts, or give up, or have to spend a lot longer
>trying to figure out the problem.
>
>Thus I make this suggestion: can we put this openssh+cygwin
>documentation up on the cygwin web site?

We have no plans to put package documentation on the web site.  However,
if you type "cygwin openssh documentation" into google then the first
official-looking hit is to the Cygwin FAQ which points you to
/usr/share/doc/Cygwin.

>When people are looking for documentation, it is generally the case
>they use a web search engine.  Because this documentation doesn't
>appear on the cygwin web site, Google returns these step-by-step guides
>as the top hits.

Actually, Google returns pointers to the Cygwin sites as the top hits.

cgf