SVN and executable permissions

Hello,

I regularly perform checkouts at work using the command line version of
subversion packaged with cygwin.  Our projects use externals to manage
project dependencies which often include binary files such as DLLs and
EXEs as well as .cmd and .bat scripts.  When I do a checkout or update
Windows will not run or (in the case of .dll's) load these files until I
do a 'chmod +x' on each of them. Why I would need to set the excutable
bit on Windows is escaping me, but it things work after I figured out I
need to do that step.

Is there way to specify to svn on the command line or though a config
file that these types of files should automatically have executable
permissions?

--
Burton Samograd