Re: sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

On 08/01/13 21:31, Warren Young wrote:
I've made some SQLite 3.7.15.1-1 packages, and put them up for testing:

I've done some more testing, but with little success. I ran the Subversion built-in tests on sqlite3-3.7.15-1 without Warren's patch, and again on sqlite3-3.7.13-1 with the new patch applied. In both cases, the Subversion tests plodded along nicely and then froze after about 10 hours.

This means one of four things. In order of probability:

- I am not invoking the Subversion tests properly. All I am doing is building and installing the required version of sqlite3, and then doing 'cygport <cygport-file> prep compile check' on the Subversion sources;
- I have some third-party piece of software (BLODA) that is interfering with the tests;
- The Subversion tests themselves are susceptible to freezing, and this problem isn't anything to do with Cygwin or Warren's patch;
- There is some lower-level issue (say in cygwin1.dll) that is affecting the tests - unlikely as this would affect many other packages also.

So now I have run the Subversion tests on two different versions of sqlite3, each with and without the patch, and all with the same result :-( Note that I am starting the tests at different points during the day, so this isn't a problem caused by some scheduled event running at the same time each day.

So apologies, but at least I gave it a try. If anyone can spot anything wrong in the above steps then do let me know and I'll try again.

Cheers,

Dave.