Re: Cygwin gvim needs weird ritual to past from Windows clipboard

I always use the keyboard shortcuts to cut/paste from windows apps
(e.g. Chrome/Firefox, etc).

 - Highlight the desired text (typically using "v" or "V" & motion).
 - Copy using "-*-Y (double quote, asterisk, y) to yank into the
system clipboard
 - Paste into the windoze app (browser, etc) using Crtl-V  as usual

Also, note that for some things I use the Cygwin version of GVim (have
to start the X11 server first), and for some things I use the native
Windows version of GVim.

Alan Thompson