Re: Problems with permissions after installing cygwin without admin privileges

Hi - I'm not sure if this will help your problem, but in the past I
have had to install Cygwin to a number of non-networked machines.  For
me, the easiest way was to use setup.exe with the option of "save
files but don't install".  You can copy the saved folder and setup.exe
onto a CD and take it to each installation target machine in turn.
This eliminates any hassle with network permissions/visibility/latency
during the install, which can save headaches.

Since you seem to have gotten the first level of Cygwin installed over
the network, this may not be your problem but it might be worth a try.

Alan Thompson