Re: Using jhbuild on cygwin

On 02/04/13 13:57, marco atzeri wrote:
On 2/4/2013 2:42 PM, Jonas Platte wrote:

Jonas,
probably you should start with a simpler package than jhbuild
to learn the basics

I reinstalled libpng-devel and libxft-devel but that didn't change
anything.
Okay so here's the same thing with the whole output in english:

$ jhbuild sysdeps --install
W: glib has a dependency on unknown "gvfs" module
W: gtk+ has a dependency on unknown "at-spi2-atk" module
W: libproxy has a dependency on unknown "NetworkManager" module
W: WebKit has a dependency on unknown "at-spi2-core" module
W: dbus-glib has a dependency on unknown "dbus" module
W: geoclue has a dependency on unknown "NetworkManager" module
W: libgnome-keyring has a dependency on unknown "dbus" module
W: gypsy has a dependency on unknown "bluez" module
W: glib-networking has a dependency on unknown

looks on available package http://cygwin.com/packages/ for similar naming scheme
As I wrote before, this shouldn't be a problem. I think those are jhbuild modules and not cygwin packages.

"gsettings-desktop-schemas" module
Package 'libpng' has no Name: field
System installed packages which are new enough:
     gnutls (gnutls.pc, required=2.12.8, installed=3.1.4)
     libjpeg
     pixman (pixman-1.pc, required=0.20.2, installed=0.28.0)
     libtiff
     libxml2 (libxml-2.0.pc, required=2.8.0, installed=2.9.0)
     zlib (zlib.pc, required=1.0, installed=1.2.7)
     libtasn1 (libtasn1.pc, required=2.2, installed=3.1)
     bison (required=2.0)
     flex (required=2.0)
     libproxy (libproxy-1.0.pc, required=0.4.7, installed=0.4.11)
     libffi (libffi.pc, required=3.0.0, installed=3.0.11)
Required packages:
   System installed packages which are too old:
     (none)
   No matching system package installed:
     python-devel (python.pc, required=2.5)

as python.pc does not exist you have two choice: - you teach your build system to ignore/change this requirement - you fake one to fool the build system

jhbuild lets me ignore the deps, so that should work. Probably most of my problems are in the building process anyway, I just wanted to try to fix these errors to make sure that the problems are not caused by missing depencies. I'm just trying to build gtkmm, there really should be no need for python.

libXft (xft.pc, required=2.0.0)

Strange we have 2.3.1:

$ cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/xft.pc
prefix=/usr
exec_prefix=/usr
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: Xft
Version: 2.3.1
Requires: xproto
Requires.private: xrender, fontconfig, freetype2
Cflags: -I${includedir}
Libs: -L${libdir} -lXft
The output is the same on my system.

check on the logs why the build system does not like it.
I didn't find any in /var/log or the user dir. And jhbuilder --help only shows how to log the build process, not the sysdeps thing.

     libpng (libpng.pc)
Optional packages: (JHBuild will build the missing packages)
   System installed packages which are too old:
     (none)
   No matching system package installed:
     libxslt (libxslt.pc, required=1.1.26)
     cairo (cairo.pc, required=1.10.2)
     fontconfig (fontconfig.pc, required=2.8.0)

$ cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/fontconfig.pc prefix=/usr exec_prefix=/usr libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib includedir=${prefix}/include sysconfdir=/etc localstatedir=/var PACKAGE=fontconfig confdir=${sysconfdir}/fonts cachedir=${localstatedir}/cache/${PACKAGE}

Name: Fontconfig
Version: 2.10.1
Libs: -L${libdir} -lfontconfig
Libs.private:  -lexpat   -lfreetype -lz -lbz2
Cflags: -I${includedir}

probably missing this packages:

$ cygcheck -f /usr/lib/pkgconfig/fontconfig.pc
libfontconfig-devel-2.10.1-1

$ cygcheck -f /usr/lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc
libcairo-devel-1.12.8-1

$ cygcheck -f /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libxslt.pc
libxslt-devel-1.1.27-1

libxslt-devel is the only one I hadn't installed. I installed it and reinstalled the other ones. But again, nothing changed.

jhbuild sysdeps: Don't know how to install packages on this system