Re: sqlite3-3.7.15.1-1 packages to test

On 20/01/13 13:00, David Stacey wrote:
On 20/01/13 10:45, Achim Gratz wrote:
David Stacey writes:
>I've done some more testing, but with little success. I ran the
>Subversion built-in tests on sqlite3-3.7.15-1 without Warren's patch,
>and again on sqlite3-3.7.13-1 with the new patch applied. In both
>cases, the Subversion tests plodded along nicely and then froze after
>about 10 hours.
Is it still freezing in FS_TYPE=bdb?  If so, shouldn't you be worried
about BerkeleyDB rather than SQlite?  I remember subversion being picky
about the exact version of BerkeleyDB being used and me having to
install a different one than I already had (but that's been a 1.6
version IIRC so things might have progressed).  And yes, these tests
take far too long.

Thank you for your reply, Achim. Yes, the freeze happens when FS_TYPE=bdb. So if we're not concerned with this configuration (for the purposes of this thread at least), then I can change Subversion's cygport file so that we only test FS_TYPE=fsfs. This will have the happy side-effect of halving the amount of time taken to run the tests :-)

Apologies for the delay in reporting back, but I've done many hours of testing on this. I've run four sets of tests, with sqlite3 3.7.13 and 3.7.15, both with and without Warren's patch. The bottom line is that Subversion appears to function identically in all four cases, and there was no significant difference in runtime performance (i.e. the time taken to run the tests).

I can supply more details if you need them, but essentially Subversion appears to function happily with sqlite3 3.7.13 or 3.7.15, both with or without the patch.

Cheers,

Dave.