Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: emacs*-24.2.93-2 (TEST)

On 2/21/2013 4:36 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
marco atzeri <marco.atzeri <at> gmail.com> writes:
running octave from emacs on cygwin, is like putting two elephants on
top of a hippo.

The thing is, it used to work... My current workaround is to run octave in a separate shell window, but that is quite a bit less convenient.

I've started emacs from a shell window rather than the X11 menu and here's the
error I get in the shell:

(pid 4324 stderr) (emacs:4324): GLib-WARNING **: In call to g_spawn_sync(), exit
status of a child process was requested but SIGCHLD action was set to SIG_IGN
and ECHILD was received by waitpid(), so exit status can't be returned. This is
a bug in the program calling g_spawn_sync(); either don't request the exit
status, or don't set the SIGCHLD action.

This is the D-BUS problem again. As I said in my previous email, I think I should just avoid the need for a D-BUS daemon until emacs-24.4.

Ken