Re: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status?

On 3/1/2013 08:11, Achim Gratz wrote:

how'd you work around the reams of errors in compiling the testfixture (if you had to do anything)?

I never have run the SQLite tests.

The reason I brought it up is that it could possibly provide a counterargument against the "svn + bdb breaks" report. If SQLite's own extensive tests succeed, then we can be pretty sure the problem is BDB.

I've been procrastinating on getting these tests running, which is why Cygwin SQLite remains at 3.7.13.

At this point, I'm about to give up on it and ship an updated version of my latetst test packages. That is, with FTS and such features enabled, the Unix /tmp directory patch, and built in Windows mode.

the testsuite does
indeed produce a few of the dreaded disk I/O errors that seem to have
serious consequences.

How?

I mean, shouldn't the test suite be running only pure Cygwin programs, on files accessed only via cygwin1.dll, with POSIX locking only? If so, how can you run into locking errors?

The reason this saga started with locking errors is that we were trying to mix POSIX and Windows native locking. That situation shouldn't continue within the SQLite test suite.