Re: Change the locale in cygwin terminal for diskpart results

On Mar  4 22:05, dbpradeep wrote:
> I am able to change the locale for cygwin but I want to use diskpart in
> cygwin and when i use "list disk" I want the results to be displayed in that
> locale
>

> $ export LANG=fr_FR.UTF-8 //change the lcoale to french
>
> $ diskpart //to use diskpart
>
> $list disk // to list the disks details
>

>  Disk ###  Status         Size     Free     Dyn  Gpt
>  --------  -------------  -------  -------  ---  ---
>  Disk 0    Online           20 GB      0 B
>

> But the result is displayed in english still :(
>
> Am I missing something?? Can you suggest a way to deal with such issue

The POSIX locale set in Cygwin has no effect on native Windows tools.

If you want native Windows tools like diskpart print their message in
your locale, you have to change the display language in the "Region and
Language" control panel.  But that's not a Cygwin issue and outside the
scope of this mailing list.

Corinna

Red Hat