Re: Shouldn't gcc-4 depend on libmpfr4 ?

On Wed, 6 Mar 2013 11:08:05 +0000 (UTC), Achim Gratz wrote:
> I've produced a 5.0.5 package anyway so that library will be at the latest
> existing version just to be sure.  Now, the remaining problem is that
> updating libmpc produces cygmpc-3.dll while gcc expects cygmpc-1.dll.
> Should these be linked (the ABI is AFAICT the same since the original
> cygmpc-1.dll was produced by overriding the version number)?

Absolutely NOT.

>  After all, the trigger for the whole exercise was to ensure that gcc
> doesn't pull in two different versions of libmpfr via libmpc1...

Forget the current gcc packages, they're history.  We're about to
upgrade to 4.7 and we anyways need another rebuild before it goes
stable.  If we ship all the updated prereqs now, each built against the
newest gmp, then 4.7.2-2 can be built against them and we won't have
this problem from here on out.

Yaakov