Re: gdb bt gives many question marks

On 2013-03-14 PM 4:37, Ken Huang wrote:
Hi all,

I have a problem when using gdb to debug my program in cygwin, the 'bt' command
gives me many '??'.
(gdb) bt full
#0  0x7c92e514 in ntdll!LdrAccessResource () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/ntdll.dll
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x7c92df5a in ntdll!ZwWaitForSingleObject () from
#2  0x7c8025db in WaitForSingleObjectEx () from
/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/kernel32.dll
No symbol table info available.
#3  0x00000714 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.
#4  0x00000000 in ?? ()
No symbol table info available.

My test program is as follows:
void bar()
{
     abort();
}

void foo()
{
     bar();
}

int main()
{
     foo();
}

So, did I compile wrong, or is there something I didn't set properly?

Thanks,
Ken

There is no way of identifying stdcall or fastcall ABI for return address that are not annotated by DWARF contained in stack frames in current gdb. you'd better give up or come with patches that solved the problem.
--
Regards.