Re: username case sensitive with the sshd service

On Apr  3 14:29, Maxime LAMBERT wrote:
> I installed the last version of Cygwin (2.774) with the OpenSSH package on

This is the version of setup.  Try `uname -r' instead.

> a Windows Server 2012 and when I tried to establish a connection in ssh,
> I noticed that the username was case sensitive (username@IP).
> With old versions of Cygwin with the SSH package that I'm using on Windows
> Server 2008 R2, I don't have this problem. For example, if I have an
> Administrator account with a "A" in upper-case, I can establish a
> connection both with $ssh administrator@IP and $ssh Administrator@IP. The
> username case sensitive is a new feature in the lastest package of
> OpenSSH? Can I deactivate the username case sensitive in the sshd service?

How old is your old openssh package?  In recent versions of OpenSSH(*)
there's an explicit check for the username, and it is forced to be the
same case as in /etc/passwd.  This has been added after an upstream
discussion as to how to handle user names in ssh_config Match rules.
See `man ssh_config' for the Match rules.

Corinna

(*) At least since OpenSSH-5.8p1.

Red Hat