Re: X windows behavior

I believe you'll find this is the default behavior with Windows XP and
Windows 7 as well.  In my experience, the issue is that windows
"remember" where they were last, and reopen there.  Thus if you had
Firefox open in the secondary monitor, reboot (without the secondary
monitor), and reopen Firefox, it will reopen on the secondary monitor
- and you won't see it.

Later,

Richard.