Re: Latest Cygwin query.

On 4/24/2013 02:30, rashi singhal wrote:
Earlier we were using Cygwin - 1003.22.0.0 version.

Where does that version number come from? It isn't actually a Cygwin version number. (The latest Cygwin is version 1.7.18.)

We have native cobol programs, we compile them in net express cobol to
make DLL.Also we have C program to call our cobol dll in bash shell.

You've ignored several of Marco's other requests for information. You can't expect us to help you if you won't give us the ability to reproduce the problem, or proper information about your system.

Specifically:

- We still don't have your cygcheck output.  Again, see:

	http://cygwin.com/problems.html

- We aren't going to go and buy a Micro Focus COBOL license just to try and reproduce it, so you're going to have to provide an output DLL we can play with. Preferably, one containing just a single function which does nothing more than return a value.

- You don't say which version of Cygwin you were previously using, which worked.

Additionally, you seem to be new to mailing lists. You've committed at least three blunders already:

1. You've been posting fresh messages to the mailing list instead of replying to the list, which breaks threading. Your posts are currently scattered in three different threads in mail readers that care about such things. (Yes, I realize you're using Gmail, and yes, I know Gmail doesn't care about threads. But please be considerate to those of use who do care, and who use mailers with that feature.)

2. Your second set of messages uses a different, vague subject line. Wouldn't you say almost *all* questions to this list are queries about the latest Cygwin? Your first subject line was fine; you should have stuck with it instead of starting a new one.

3. You aren't quoting anything from messages you're replying to. Between this and the previous problems, it means you're forcing those of us who would help you to piece together the conversation manually.