Re: CRC mismatch in cygwin debug info?

Ryan Johnson <ryan.johnson <at> cs.utoronto.ca> writes:
> > warning: the debug information found in "/usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg" does
> > not match "/usr/bin/cygwin1.dll" (CRC mismatch).

If /usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg exists, it is from a former snapshot installation.
You should remove it, since the package comes with the debug symbols in

/usr/lib/debug/usr/bin/cygwin1.dbg

> Is this a packaging hiccup, or did setup.exe interact badly with the
> snapshot dll/dbg I had before?

I've been putting snapshots and debuginfo packages properly for some time
now, so all snapshot files get uninstalled by setup.exe when a new release
is made.  I've put the debuginfo file into /usr/lib/debug/usr/bin and that
seems to work, so maybe the instructions on how to install snapshots could
be changed to not advise people to install it into /usr/bin directly.

Regards,
Achim.